function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anil Rao 17Anil Rao 17 

chats in chatter groups visisble to all groups

I have 2 Chatter Groups with 2 DISTINCT members in each group. I want the conversations of a group to not be visisble to the other group.
When posting a chatter, I only have the option of "To: My Followers" in LIghtening. However in Classic I get both My Followers & A Group.

1. Why is the option to choose My Group not available in Lightening?
2. How can I setup so that chats are visible only to the group members & not to outside group memebrs. Currently chats posted are available to both the group members although the 2 groups have DISTINCT members.

Best Answer chosen by Anil Rao 17
Paul B [SalesForce]Paul B [SalesForce]
In Lightning, in order to post to a group you must go to the group's page. Use the publisher found on that page. The "To" line will have the groups name in it.
If the group is private then only the group members will be able to see the post.

All Answers

1. It has to do with the way the publisher was designed. If you would like to see this changed its best to create an Idea on the Idea Exchange https://success.salesforce.com/ideaSearch  I believe this Idea is what you want: https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=0873A000000lLYMQA2

2. Go to the page of the Group you want to see the post and post it using that publisher. The groups should be private (if you dont want other people to see the posts) and you will need to be a member of the private group to post to it.
Anil Rao 17Anil Rao 17
I have made the group Private but still all members are able to see the chat...
Too bad SF has taken away the ability to post for a group. Wonder why they did this...
In Lightning, in order to post to a group you must go to the group's page. Use the publisher found on that page. The "To" line will have the groups name in it.
If the group is private then only the group members will be able to see the post.
This was selected as the best answer
Anil Rao 17Anil Rao 17
Thank You. Got it.