function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Elad Asulin 7Elad Asulin 7 

I can't find "Customer Portal Settings" in my quick find

anyone???
Best Answer chosen by Elad Asulin 7
Rishab TyagiRishab Tyagi
Hello Elad,

Did you try checking the challenge by completing all the steps, but the customer portal. I believe that you'll be able to complete the challenge without enabling customer portal. Please try doing it and skip the Enable customer portal part. Do let me know about the outcome.

All Answers

Rishab TyagiRishab Tyagi
Hello Elad,

Customer portal has been removed for new orgs. You can still do anything, that you could do with Customer Portal, with communities. You might want to try that. It is really neat and easier to use as compared to Customer Portal and has more features.
OK thanks! This is a bit confusing since I am doing a module on the trailhead which should give me points etc. I did read that customer portal was removed for new orgs but does that mean that the trail I am working on is not relevant? How can I still complete the challenge without it? Here is the challnege page, appreciate SO much your help thank you!!!!
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/community_rollout_impl/community_rollout_impl_sharing?trail_id=communities
Rishab TyagiRishab Tyagi
Hello Elad,

Did you try checking the challenge by completing all the steps, but the customer portal. I believe that you'll be able to complete the challenge without enabling customer portal. Please try doing it and skip the Enable customer portal part. Do let me know about the outcome.
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Rishab! After a few tweaks I was able to complete the challenge. Not simple at all! But you were right!
Also, I did not understand what is the difference between sharing sets (under community settings) and sharing rules (under sharing settings) as it seems like one can create the same sharing rule from both places? For example case sharing with customer portal users?