function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

Error while converting lead "Unable to convert lead that is in use by workflow."

Hello,

When i am trying to convert lead, i have below error:

Unable to convert lead that is in use by workflow.

when i check in debug logsi dont see any errors, i only have few logs saying it entered managed package..
Can someone guide me ?

Best Answer chosen by Ab
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sandrine,

This error will appear if any of the following conditions are met:

1. There is a time-based workflow action pending that is related to the Lead. Or, there is a Process Builder with a time-based action pending that is related to the Lead.
A pending Workflow action can be tracked down by going to Setup | Monitoring | Time-Based Workflow. Then filter on criteria related to the Lead record that caused the error to see which workflow is implicated.
A pending Process Builder action can be tracked down by going to Setup I Process Automation I Flows.

2. The Lead that you are trying to convert is currently in an Approval Process.
This can be tracked down by adding the 'Approval History' related list to the page layout of the Lead record that you are trying to convert, and confirming whether or not there is a 'pending' entry in the 'Approval History' related list.  
In the case of a 'pending' entry, recall the approval leads from the approval process. 
Otherwise, perform the conversion after the approval process is completed.

3. This error can also be seen post-conversion, if a workflow gets triggered and one of its field update actions changes a field that is referenced in a validation rule.

Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sandrine,

This error will appear if any of the following conditions are met:

1. There is a time-based workflow action pending that is related to the Lead. Or, there is a Process Builder with a time-based action pending that is related to the Lead.
A pending Workflow action can be tracked down by going to Setup | Monitoring | Time-Based Workflow. Then filter on criteria related to the Lead record that caused the error to see which workflow is implicated.
A pending Process Builder action can be tracked down by going to Setup I Process Automation I Flows.

2. The Lead that you are trying to convert is currently in an Approval Process.
This can be tracked down by adding the 'Approval History' related list to the page layout of the Lead record that you are trying to convert, and confirming whether or not there is a 'pending' entry in the 'Approval History' related list.  
In the case of a 'pending' entry, recall the approval leads from the approval process. 
Otherwise, perform the conversion after the approval process is completed.

3. This error can also be seen post-conversion, if a workflow gets triggered and one of its field update actions changes a field that is referenced in a validation rule.

Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
This was selected as the best answer
AbAb
Hello Nagendra,

Is it possible to detect  which waiting flow is blocking the thing exactly ?

Thanlk you