function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Glenn Nyhan 54Glenn Nyhan 54 

Uploading an Image from a FormAssembly Form and Linking it to a Report or Rich Text Field

I have a FormAssembly form to register applicants for a program. On the form they upload their profile picture. That loads to Google Docs, Notes, & Attachments just fine. What I am trying to do is either add the image to a rich text field automatically or include a link to the image in a report. So far in researching this I have not found any solution. I'm wondering if either or both of these scenarios are even possible and if so how could it be accomplished if it can. 
Rishab TyagiRishab Tyagi
Hello Glenn,

In order to save the image in a Rich Text field, you need to give a rich text area type of field in your form for uploading the image, which I don't believe is a logical way to do things.

If you can get it on notes & attachment then I have a better alternative for you. You can simply add two fields to your object. First would be profile picture Id which will hold the attachment id for the profile picture. The second will be a formula field which will have a link to your attachment.

The formula would go this way:
LEFT($Api.Partner_Server_URL_260, FIND( '/services', $Api.Partner_Server_URL_260)) & 'servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=' & [Profile_picture_Id_field]
Now you will be able to add this in the reports. However, this link will still require you to login into your salesforce if you haven't done it already. In case you want to avoid that then you can save the image in documents and make the image publically available.

Hope that answers your question.