function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
James Vlahos 2James Vlahos 2 

Can't delete Permission Set

I have a managed package I want to uninstall so that I can install as an unmanaged package. Part of the package is a Permission Set. When I try to uninstall the package I get an error that says:

"This permission set is assigned to one or more users. You can only delete permission sets that aren't assigned to users."

I checked and there are no users assigned.

I also tried to remove the Permission Set first and got a differrent error that says:

"The value of the 'CsrfDelId' parameter contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and resubmit. If the error still persists, report it to our Customer Support team. Provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information."

I reported to customer support but they said they won't do anything because it's a developer org.
Best Answer chosen by James Vlahos 2
I was able to find a work around. There was a user assigned to the PermisionSet that, for some reason, wasn't showing up in setup. I was able to use developer console to find and remove the PermissionSetAssignment record. I was then able to uninsall the package I was trying to uninstall.

James

All Answers

PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi James,

Kindly raise the ticket with salesforce support and share the case number here. I will look into it.

Regards,

Priya Ranjan

Salesforce Support

Priya,

I tried to create a ticket with support but they closed it because they said they don't support developer orgs.

This was the response:

"I wanted to check in with you regarding your case 41923699. This looks to be a Developer Edition org, and wouldn't qualify for Salesforce Technical Support outside of password resets, feature activation and similar issues. I'll be required to close the case as out-of-scope due to the entitlement for the DE Org. DE orgs do not qualify for Salesforce Support, but you can post to the Developer forums for assistance (developer.salesforce.com) or spin up a brand new org at the same site. "

The case number is mentioned above but it's closed now. Should I open a new one?

James
I was able to find a work around. There was a user assigned to the PermisionSet that, for some reason, wasn't showing up in setup. I was able to use developer console to find and remove the PermissionSetAssignment record. I was then able to uninsall the package I was trying to uninstall.

James
This was selected as the best answer