function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Roman RegmiRoman Regmi 

Approval Process Entry Criteria Not showing the required field.

User-added image

Why is this happening and how do I solve it?
Best Answer chosen by Roman Regmi
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Roman,

When you search for approval process in setup by default the Account object is selected. If you want the approval process on other objects you need to change it as shown below.

User-added image

Thanks,

All Answers

Hi Roman,

Can you confirm which field you are trying to add as criteria and what type of field is it so we can help you on it.

Thanks,

Roman RegmiRoman Regmi
I am trying to add a custom object field as a criteria. It does not show. 
Hi Roman,

I hope You have selected the Account object as the Approval process trigger object because of which you are not able to see the custom object field.

You need to select only the object which the approvel process should be triggered.Here in you Scenerio you have to configure the approval process on particular custom object but not on Account object.

If this solution helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks,

Roman RegmiRoman Regmi
No, I did not select the Account object. The option of selecting an object did not even pop up. User-added image
I can select the criteria based on only a handful of objects. No custom objects are showing. 
Hi Roman,

When you search for approval process in setup by default the Account object is selected. If you want the approval process on other objects you need to change it as shown below.

User-added image

Thanks,

This was selected as the best answer