function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Urban90Urban90 

Get the field value from related list in formula

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get the value from related list in formula. For example our contacts can have multiple orders. Is it possible to get the amount (and/or any other field value) from last order? I want to do something similar with other objects too.

Thank you!
Tarun_KhandelwalTarun_Khandelwal
Hi,

It is not possible without apex trigger. 
Amit  TrivediAmit Trivedi
Hello,

Try with Process Builder

In the below example I'm capturing field from the contact and update to the Account Object, so whenever new contact is created for the Account then we will update the Account record with the latest contact record value. You just want to channe the objects and fields to work for your scenarios, the procedure remains same.

1. Go to Setup->Create->Workflow & ApprovalProcess->Processbuilder
2. Click New and set the Name of your Process
3. Select your child object  under the section "Choose Object and Specify When to Start the Process"
4. Select the "Only When record is Created Option"
3. Then under the criteria you can set the condition if you want to excute only for certain records[ In the below example I'm checking for the condition Parent record relation ship is not null]
5. Then in the immediate action select 'Update Records' under the object chose the object in which you want to update.
6. Then in the 'Set Object' Variable select the child field value which you want to copy and map it to the Parent object field.
7. Then Activate to Process.

Refer below link
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BHvJIAW

Thanks,
Amit Trivedi