function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pairin MasonPairin Mason 

Hide _ui/search/ui/UnifiedSearchResults page From Community User

Hi there,

Is it possible to prevent user with 'Customer Community User' profile to access the  '_ui/search/ui/UnifiedSearchResults' page via our Community site?

Thank you

JustAGirlyGeekJustAGirlyGeek
Have you removed that page from the "Enabled Visualforce Page Access" section in the profile?
Luiz SantosLuiz Santos
Does anyone has a way to do this or found a soution for that? I'm having the same issue where if the community user inserts that URL they are able to go to the search and find any attachment within the org... as there is no way to restric the access to the files under the attachments we need to be able to disable the access for the search. 
Luiz SantosLuiz Santos
@Pairin Mason I may have found a workaround for that problem.... you can go to "Site URL Redirects" and create a redirection of the URL /_ui/search/ui/UnifiedSearchResults to /   so when a community user tries to access via the link they will be redirected to the same page they were before.

User-added image
sfdcsushilsfdcsushil
@luiz Santos - Thanks for updating answer here. It was a big help to me. 
Jeroen SchutzJeroen Schutz
Please note that the Site URL Redirects does solve this issue. BUT:  when a user forces the URL (typing something behing it) they can still have access. Suppose they enter 

/_ui/search/ui/UnifiedSearchResults?markbenioff

then they still may get a result back. In that case they may see the 'recent items' and now have access to the searchbox. We tried to fix this trough a 'wildcard' but that doesn't do the trick.