function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Naveen BharadwajNaveen Bharadwaj 

Onstop() method is not called in VisualForce page

I have a Command button in my VisualForce page, clicking on it would popup a new page. After entering the details and clicking on Save, popup window will close and refresh the parent page. I found some code and tried to replicate the same in my page. Below is my code to popup the new window:

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Create New Account" columns="3">
<apex:commandButton value="Create New Account" onclick="popupNew();" reRender="accTable"/>
</apex:pageBlockSection>

function popupNew(){
var newwindow = window.open('/apex/AddAccount','Add account', target='_blank');
newwindow.focus();
return false;
}

When I click on Save in the popup window, I'm doing this:

<apex:commandButton action="{!quicksave}" value="Save" status="closer" reRender="qId,accTable" timeout="1000" rendered="true" /> <apex:actionStatus id="closer" startText="Saving.." stopText="" onstop="refreshPage();" rendered="true"></apex:actionStatus>

function refreshPage(){
window.top.close();
window.opener.location.href="/apex/Account_Contact_Layout";
window.opener.location.reload(true);
}

The problem here is refreshPage() function is not getting called at all. If I use onstart="refreshPage()" instead of onstop="" it is getting called. What am I missing here?

P.S: The problem with onstart="" is that the window closes as soon as I click on Save button and immediately refreshes the parent page. Save happens in the background when the page has started refreshing already. So, I will have to refresh the page manually again to see my results, which makes no sense.
Best Answer chosen by Naveen Bharadwaj
logontokartiklogontokartik
Have you tried using oncomplete on the commandbutton instead?

<apex:commandButton action="{!quicksave}" value="Save" status="closer" reRender="qId,accTable" timeout="1000" rendered="true" oncomplete="refreshPage();" /> 
<apex:actionStatus id="closer" startText="Saving.." stopText="" rendered="true"></apex:actionStatus>

All Answers

logontokartiklogontokartik
Have you tried using oncomplete on the commandbutton instead?

<apex:commandButton action="{!quicksave}" value="Save" status="closer" reRender="qId,accTable" timeout="1000" rendered="true" oncomplete="refreshPage();" /> 
<apex:actionStatus id="closer" startText="Saving.." stopText="" rendered="true"></apex:actionStatus>

This was selected as the best answer
Naveen BharadwajNaveen Bharadwaj
I'm sure I tried this before. Hadn't worked until I copied the code from here ;)
Kidding. Thanks for the help. Just what I wanted.