function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Peter TheodorePeter Theodore 

Can't View Custom Fields Through API

I'm working with a team of my engineers and they're trying to run SOQL queries on the Opportunity object by logging in through our API-only user's account (it's the account we use for all of our integrations). I've created several custom fields to support these queries, but when they try and query on the fields they are getting a field not available error. The fields are on the page layout and FLS is read/write for the API-only user.

I'm at a loss as to why they're not able to query on these fields. They have access to other custom fields, so this seems strange to me. Please let me know if I need to provide any further info in order to help resolve this.
Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG
Can you give us some more details? Are they running queries through the developer console? Are they using the correct API name? Are you able to query on them via another account?
Peter TheodorePeter Theodore
They're using Ruby to run the queries. They're connected to the correct account and instance (production) and I've made sure that the FLS is correct. I logged in as our API Only User through the Data Loader and was able to view the fields that are missing for engineers when they query through Ruby. Any other info you need?