function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gayathri GollaGayathri Golla 

Text Value to auto populate on Edit page

Hi Everyone,

I Need your help on this.we have a edit page where we have a picklist Such that when user selects a Particular Value from the picklist then automatically a text field on the Edit page should populate with Default value.

Can you help me with the best solution for this.

Thanks.
TuckoTucko

Create workflow rule where you will have filter for the picklist and when Particular value is selected you can update the desired text field with desired value. Here is video tutorial for creating simple workflow rule, with field update: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHdqKvio8P0

Vijay NagarathinamVijay Nagarathinam
Hi Gayathri,

You can acheive this in two ways, when you edit the records and choose one picklist then automatically populate the default value in one textbox, it will be happend in detail page or edit page?

If you want this in edit page, you need to create a custom visualforce page  to populate the default value in text box. So the defualt value population happend on detail page, you can acheive this using formula field or workflow field update.

Let me know if you need any help regarding this.

Thanks,
Vijay
Gayathri GollaGayathri Golla
Hi,

@Tucko : Thanks. We want field to be updated before saving the record i.e in the edit page .so  i think Workflow is no a good option.Please Guide me if i am wrong here.

@Vijay: Thanks.Yes, we are trying to auto update the field in Edit page.Is there any other way than going for a  VF page?

Thanks.