function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Niket ShahNiket Shah 

Job Application object in Recruiting App

Hello,

I am new to SFDC. I am doing hands on Recruiting app avaialble from SFDC. I could not understand below point:
The Job Application object is created using two look up fields (position & candidate). I am not sure why is it created that way. Cant we use Master Detail relationship instead?
Can someone please elaborate what is the reason behind using two lookups instead of junction object?

Thanks,
Niket
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Master Detail relationship is required field that is why We need to two lookup field.
Note:- if you want to make both field as required then you can make the both field as Master detail as well

Please let us know if this will help you
AshlekhAshlekh
Hi Niket,

This link to understand about the relationship in salesforce.
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/relationships_among_objects.htm

We now that when a new person learn salesforce than get confused about this relation ships, But it is very easy.

In Mast relation ship- Consider object A and Object B, Object A is Master and Object B is detail (Object b having the a field called masterdetail.)

Now when ever you need to create a record of B object than you need a record of A object because on B, A is mandatory, Other thing Sharing of B record is calcuate basis on A record, If you Delete A record than associated B record will get deleted (Casecade deleting).

In LookUp relation - A is not required on B record and sharing of B record is calculate on the basis of Setting B and when you detete A record than associated B record will not deleted only the reference will get removed.

-Thanks
Ashlekh Gera