function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chris DuarteChris Duarte 

Trailhead: My Challenge Won't Validate, and I'm 100% Sure It's Right

Is this happening to you? You're 100% sure you've done a Trailhead challenge right, but it just won't validate?

So here's the deal. We're doing a real-time API call to check your work, and sometimes, there might be existing configuration or code in your Developer Edition that interferes with our check, causing it to fail.

The best thing to do if you're 100% sure you're right is create a new Developer Edition and do the challenge again.

But wait, what about my badges?

No worries! Logging into Trailhead is a two-step process. Check out this image.

The login button is in the upper right, and the second login is on the unit page right before you do the challenge

In step (1), you tell Trailhead who you are. This is where your badges are stored. You can use your production username or any Developer Edition username for this step.

In step (2), you tell Trailhead where you're doing the challenge. This must be a Developer Edition.

Okay, I got the new DE. Now what?

So, just stay logged in at (1), and make a new Developer Edition to log in at (2). Do the challenge in the new Developer Edition and check it.

If it passes, it was probably something funky in your old DE. If it fails, time to revisit your challenge! Read the instructions again and make sure you didn't miss any steps.

But why would this happen?

It could be your DE is older, or it could be you've done some additional config or customization that is interfering with our check. 

Good luck!
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
Great post Chris!  Thank you for the information!
Mark RavitzMark Ravitz
That widget(s), on the above page, where you choose which DE org you want to work with for purposes of doing and checking challenges, is a bit confusing.
  • The first rollover icon tells you the DE org that Trailhead is currently connected to, which is initially the default DE, the one whose username you used to long into Trailhead.
  • Then you use the popup link to shut down that initial DE org connection.
  • Then you use a new rollover icon to initiate opening a connection to a different DE org.
  • Then a login screen appears where you can enter a username and password to the different DE org.
  • If the login works you'll jump back to the original page you were on, but with a new rollover icon, which allows you to 'Launch' the different DE org you just logged into.
  • Hit the launch link and you're done: new DE running and connected to your current Trailhead login.
Whew!
amahmamahm
If somebody still has the problem - i encountered this while try to solve the salesforce trailhead and entering geolocation coordinates for a contact - try entering the coordinates/geolocation latitude longitude with a comma instead of a dot : 37.923824 ----> 37,923824
Suzi Simmons 46Suzi Simmons 46
Thanks for letting me know how to retain my badges, and use different developer orgs!
Frederick H LaneFrederick H Lane
Trainlhead challenge for Developer beginner. Trailhead Automation "Create a process to update child record when the parent is updated."
I've followed the challenge resolution from all the forums as well as per Sandhya's post ref https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_SEARCH_RESULT&id=9060G000000XbPYQA0
But it won't pass. My error message is 
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [Name__c, Contact_Name__c, Contact_Title__c]: [Name__c, Contact_Name__c, Contact_Title__c]

Screenshots are;
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
Please help me get my points?

Kyle NeithamerKyle Neithamer
Mine spins and then errors, assuming timeout, but with no error message. then It will complete but says I get +0 points but doesnt tick the challenge off with a green check either. 
Nicholas AgostoNicholas Agosto
I'm having issues with a different module myself, and I my Salesforce mentor even doublechecked my work. It's also correct from top to bottom. I'm new here, so I'm curious... do Salesforce employees from the corporate side ever check this forum to male improvements?
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Yes, Nicholas, I am on this forum daily. I also read every item of feedback that comes in via the feedback channel. I also respond to feedback posts on the Success Community and Twitter, and ones sent to my personal email address. Every day, we log your feedback for our writers to make changes and improve the content. In some cases, though, it's simply user error. 

If you have a specific issue with a challenge, post it and I'll try to help you. 
Nicholas AgostoNicholas Agosto
Thanks Chris! In a effort to not threadjack, I'll just say I did indeed post a topic /questiontoday. My very first as I never knew the for existed. Please feel free to find mine at your earliest convenience.  :)))
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Post a link to your thread, I'd be happy to try to help you.
Omkar JereOmkar Jere
hi @Chris Duarte
I have created new Org , still I m getting below error. Can you help me to solve  this issue?
Error is: "There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: OUQEMSBT. Error: Faraday::ClientError. Message: BAD_REQUEST: Specify a valid value for the source parameter".

Thanks in Advance.
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
What are you working on @Omkar?
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Hi Satish -- for that particular issue, you need to make sure you have just 1 global picklist value set up. Right now, the challenge is failing if you've got more than one. We're fixing it to allow more than one, but in the meantime, make sure you've got one only. My apologies! *CHRIS DUARTE* Editor-in-chief, Trailhead | Salesforce
Matthew RandolphMatthew Randolph
How do you create a new DE and connect it to trailhead?