function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Emily Jones 4Emily Jones 4 

how to send reminder email to task owner on open task wich due date is already passed

Hi,

I want to send an email alert to task owner if they have any open task which due date is already passed.
I want to send it 1 day after due date and 1 week after due date.
Please suggest how I can achieve it because through workflow it is not achievable.

Regards
Emily
SRKSRK
Did you try workflow time dependend option 

set your criteria as Subject = and Task is Open then add a time trigger to say if Due Date is greater than

i think that will work 
AshlekhAshlekh
Hi Emily Jones 4 and SRK,

WorkFlow need a kick to trigger a event like email alert so I don't think workflow help you.

You need to writte a class , in which you need to query all those reocd which full fill your criteria of email and send the email.

Then you need to schedule this class on every day, So i will run daily and find those record which full fill your criteria and sned email.

You can write a batch class for same and schedule the batch if you have a large data.

http://blog.shivanathd.com/2013/01/run-batch-class-hourly.html
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_scheduler.htm

-Thanks
Ashlekh Gera
SRKSRK
Hi AKG,

I think there is something called time dependant workflow, which can be schedule at the tome of record creation and do not need 
kick to trigger it run automatically when time come

Try search for birthday wish workflow, you can wish user on his birthday using only workflow and time depedent action

Hi Emily,

Writing code is easy way out, but it hard to mentain in long turm so i just try to give soluction which is more out of box, but if it ok with you to write code and no issues with mentainense then you can go for code also
@taani.ax1426@taani.ax1426
Hi SRK,

Can it be done with Process Builder?

Regards,
Taani