function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lynn the AFTD SysAdminLynn the AFTD SysAdmin 

Prompt for certain Record Types on New Opportunity List Button

I am trying to create a new list button on opportunity where the user should be prompted to choose from 3 of our currently 7 opportunity record types.  I have to clue where to even begin solving this. My Button is currently defined as follows:

/006/e?
ent=Opportunity
&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}
&accid={!Account.Id}
&opp3={!Contact.Name} - Donation {!YEAR( TODAY() )}
&opp9={!TODAY()}
&opp11=Prospect ID

When the button is used it defaults to the master Record Type, but I want to design the button so it prompts the user to select the Record Type from a subset of types.

Any suggestions ideas are welcome. At a minimum I would like to at least have the user prompted to select any of the current record types.
Best Answer chosen by Lynn the AFTD SysAdmin
scottbcovertscottbcovert
Hi AFTD SysAdmin,

You can try to have your list button link directly to the record type selection screen for opportunities and then take the user back to the contact record upon save (which it looks like you're trying to do):

'/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=Opportunity&nooverride=1&save_new_url=%2F{!Contact.Id}'

All Answers

scottbcovertscottbcovert
Hi AFTD SysAdmin,

You can try to have your list button link directly to the record type selection screen for opportunities and then take the user back to the contact record upon save (which it looks like you're trying to do):

'/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=Opportunity&nooverride=1&save_new_url=%2F{!Contact.Id}'

This was selected as the best answer
Lynn the AFTD SysAdminLynn the AFTD SysAdmin
Scott, thanks for your reply, so thisnis what I have working now:

/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=Opportunity&save_new_url=
/006/e?&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}
&accid={!Account.Id}
&opp3={!Contact.Name} - Opportunity {!YEAR( TODAY() )}
&opp9={!TODAY()}
&opp11=Prospect ID

Thanks again!
scottbcovertscottbcovert
Great, glad I could help!