function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike ArthurMike Arthur 

Deploying object permissions alongside new objects

Hi,

I have a new custom object with custom fields in my sandbox that I want to deploy to production.  I want the object permissions to come over too.

From what I read, if I include the relevant profiles in the change set then only the settings relating to the new custom objects will be included.

However, I need to be absolutely certain about this as the profiles in production have been customised and are not in sync with sandbox.  My concern is that including the profiles in the change set will deploy all profile settings and overwrite those in prod.

Any experience of this that anyone can share would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike.
ManojjenaManojjena
Hi Mike ,
Youe general profile permission will over write if you wil deploy with profile permission .If you want to deploy with profile then you can do one thing ,
after deployment you need to export setup audit trial and do the changes according to that .
Set up audit trial will record your changes .
Let em know if it helps !!
Thanks
Manoj
Mike ArthurMike Arthur
Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the reply.  To clarify, are you saying

- include profiles with the fields in the change set
- deploy to production
- production profiles will be overwritten by sandbox profiles, including settings unrelated to the new custom fields
- export setup audit trail
- reverse any unwanted changes to the profiles

Thanks,
Mike.

ManojjenaManojjena
HI MIke ,
You are right ,what exactly I am sayoing is profile setting will overwrite with sandbox setting if any thing will remove from general profiel setting you can export the audit trial and check an drevert back in production .

Thanks
Manoj
Mike ArthurMike Arthur
Thanks Manoj. Maybe the smart thing to have done would be to deploy prod profiles to sandbox with a change set before starting my development, then I could just deploy the sandbox profiles, assuming no changes were made in prod during the period of the development.
Aditya Joshi 21Aditya Joshi 21
@Mike Arthur, you are right. That is the ideal way of doing it. Only other option is, if you have limited number of objects, you can set those profiles manually in production. I know its but obivious answer, but that is the only option I see.