function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MVJMVJ 

Opportunity Created From Contact

When a user creates an opportunity from a contact SFDC relates the Opportunity to the Account and creates a Contact Role.

Is there any way that I can flag a field onthe Opportunity record so I know that the user created the opportunity from the contact.

When the URL is generated the connid is set to the contact id that the users started from.  Is there a way that I can read the URL and predefault a check box to true so I can identify the opportunities that were created directly from the contact.

We are trying to force this behavior to our sales team and we want to see how many team members are creating the opportunity from the contact.

Any advise would be greatly appricated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Greg HGreg H
You could write an sControl to override the "New" opportunity button.  Add a checkbox field to your opportunity object and also add it to the page layout. Simply allow your sControl to read the URL and if your string is found then default that checkbox value on the creation screen. This solution can be manipulated by your users but a little training could go a long way.
-greg