function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LaurentLaurent 

Lookup assistant for an URL custom field

Hi,
From the oportunity screen, I have added a local URL type field.
I would like to have a lookup field attached to it to be able to browse and to populate this field.
Any help would be welcome to hav this functionality available.

Jeff TalbotJeff Talbot
If I'm reading this correctly, you want help with a custom URL Formula field.

I've helped clients set up formula fields that use data in the record (in your case, it would be the Opportunity record) to find and display a specific record in another database (or another domain).

For example, a FedEx tracking # can be a clickable link to display specific package tracking information on the FedEx website.

If this is similar to what you are needing help with, note that you can accomplish similar functionality using a Custom Link, but you are then limited in where you can display it on your Opportunity Page Layout. Using a Custom Field gives you more flexibility on the Page Layout.

Here's an example of a custom field that looks up a FedEx tracking number based on information contained in a "Tracking Number" Custom Field in the Opportunity record:
HYPERLINK("http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?ascend_header=1&clienttype=dotcom&cntry_code=us&language=english&tracknumbers= "&{!TrackingNumber__c} , "Track this order")

If you need additional Salesforce administrator assistance, click my username on this reply and send me a private message.