function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mlaviamlavia 

Survey results from website pushed to Salesforce.com

Hello,

Looking to have my survey results from my website pushed to Salesforce.com (similar to web-to-lead but I have created a custom object for the survey results).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? If its possible to develop this on my own, it would be preferred over spending money on this.

Thank you,
Michael
Mike LeachMike Leach
Web-to-Object is on the roadmap for the open source Portal Toolkit for Salesforce.

You can use either the Enterprise or Partner WSDLs to bind to your custom object, then on form submit, create an sObject from the survey results and call create().

This gets a little more complicated if your Survey object has Lookup relationship fields (Lead and Contact are obvious ones).

I recommend creating the object asynchronously so the survey responder doesn't wait for the backend processing.
mlaviamlavia
Unfortunetely, I am limited in using some of this software since my license if only Professional Edition.
lpadminlpadmin

We use the poor man's solution...web to case. Create corresponding fields in case and map from responses on the web page.

Crude perhaps but we had it up and running in 90 minutes and run very informative dashboards off results.

mlaviamlavia
JCM,

Thank you for that suggestion. I will certainly look into it.

Regards,
Michael
ChitraChitra
Hey...

We are about to release this type of functionality on the AppExchange. This tool "web2anything" would allow you to web enable any object in your salesforce instance and make the correct association to other objects.

In your case, you could have the survey object exposed as a html and can also (if needed) associate it to a lead or contact.

If you would like a sneak preview, please visit our website

http://www.web2anything.com

Thanks,
Chitra