function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
phpFanphpFan 

Selecting a particular value from a Multi-Select Pick List

I have a multi-select picklist on my accounts page.  Several possible options can be chosen.  I have created a read-only formula field on the contact page to display the chosen values from the picklist.   I want to be able to create views for my contacts page that include this account info in order to easily add contacts to differing campaigns.  Unfortunately I cant seem to find a function that will allow me to identify which values have been chosen in the picklist.  Every function I have tried has told me that this particular field type is not supported.  Does anyone know of a work around for this?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
devNut!devNut!
Did you try the TEXT / ISPICKVAL function ?

If that doesn't work you might have to use the  TEXT / CONTAINS function.  I believe that selected values in a multiselect picklist are stored in string format so a string search might work.
wpatterswpatters
I am having these same problems. I'm guessing the syntax for the contains/text function you mentioned is CONTAINS(TEXT({!multi_select_field}))? This isn't working for me, are there other options? I'm starting to think that you can't return the value of a multi-select field in a formula at all...