function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lightning UserLightning User 

Pie chart on report

Hi, is there a way to not have a slice named other for the pie chart, and instead list all possible values? Thanks.
kimberlym17kimberlym17
Hi,

I see this post was old, so you may already have an answer. 

I ran into a slightly similar problem with some pie charts as well.  I noticed that when a pie chart is based on a checkbox field and that the majority of the records with this checkbox are unchecked (say, 100 of 101 were unchecked), then the pie chart shows the unchecked values as "False" but the checked ones as "Other" (instead of "True").  When I tried this again with a small set of data (2 records: 1 checked, 1 unchecked), the pie chart reflected the "True" and "False" values (no "Other") as expected.

My theory is that the algorithm for pie charts makes any sliver of the pie that is the clear minority called "Other", even when the report is based on a checkbox for which there are only 2 possibilites: checked/unchecked.

I did a small test of theory.  For the orginal data set (where 100 of 101 records were unchecked), I changed the chart type to a bar chart.  "True" and "False" show up in the other chart types as expected, without the "Other".

Perhaps someone with more technical knowledge can confirm/negate my theory.

Kimberly