function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dtaylordtaylor 

Devloping with BizTalk

Hello,
I am trying to connect to Salesforce using BizTalk.  I can login without any problems however I need to set the URL returned from the LoginResults.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Donna

adamgadamg
This salesforce / biztalk adapter may be of interest - let us know how it works out for you!

http://adapterworx.com/cs/products/salesforce.aspx
usmanusman
Save returned URL as class variable and set outbound port to the saved URL when ready to pass requests to Salesforce.
dtaylordtaylor
This is what I am trying to do, however I do not know where to do this once the message comes back with the retrun URL?
LABryanLABryan
Yeah, I am looking for something similar.  How to use the WSDL (enterprise.wsdl) from any of web service tool to request on any opertion within the WSDL.  Similarly, using SoapUI, I can log into the salesforce but I can't go any further since it requires change of URL end point.  I wonder if sales force has any tool or example to show us how to execute any of the operation in the enterprise.wsdl.
SuperfellSuperfell
LABryanLABryan
Hi Simon,

I did download the API kit and read on it a little bit.  I believe this kit is used for someone who wants to develop application using salesforce API.  In my case, I just want to utilize the WSDL (enterprise.wsdl) published by salesforce for my organization or any organization for that matter to execute any of the operation within that WSDL.  I am quite new to this web service and SOA but I believe the strength of this new framework is the de-coupling between enterprises and so the WSDL defines what the consumer can do.  So with any given WSDL, I should be able to use any web service tool such as SoapUI or SoapScope to import the WSDL and execute any operation with that WSDL.  Do you have any example of how a user can consumer WSDL publish by salesforce using something similar to SoapUI or SoapScope?

thanks,
Bryan
SuperfellSuperfell
I don't know that we have anything written up, but I use the WSDL directly with soapscope all the time and don't have any problems.
LABryanLABryan
Hi Simon,

I am using soapScope version 5.3.16750-(RELEASE).

After a succesful login to salesforce, I issued a  query similar to the one  under salesforce page and I got the following error.

Any information on how to change the URL endpoint would be great.
thanks,
Bryan

SOAP Headers

SessionHeader

{

string   sessionId  = 

ARc.15d8U5B57uu5KBI6axoMhGWPTlHxY1cYAESw9f8QY_lvUkP99YGD2J4QC49FKHNVsQnWuqVphjC1_nvgSWpYnKO9AsNCSeX5jsUoLXQ=

}

QueryOptions

{

int   batchSize  =  3

}

SOAP Body

{

query

{

string queryString  =  select FirstName, LastName from Contact

}

}

SOAP Body

{

Fault  Fault

{

QName  faultcode  =  ns1:UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION

String  faultstring  = 

UNKNOWN  UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService

detail  detail

{

anyType[0...n]

{

UnexpectedErrorFault   fault

{

ExceptionCode   exceptionCode   = UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION

string   exceptionMessage   =

Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService

}

}

}

}

SuperfellSuperfell
On the invoke page the destination URL is at the top of the page and defaults to the WSDL value. You'll need to change this to be the serverUrl returned by the login call you made.
LABryanLABryan
Thank you!!!
Bryan