function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NickNick 

Problem with WSDL for LoginScopeHeader

The enterprise and partner WSDLs imply that LoginScopeHeader.organizationId is required, because the WSDLs do not explicitly indicate minOccurs=0. So our platform interprets this per spec, causing it to be required in our generated applications.
Based on observed behavior, this value is actually optional. So we'd like to see the WSDLs change to include minOccurs=0. or perhaps nillable="true", to reflect the actual behavior of the Login() service.

Nick
SuperfellSuperfell
If you don't want to specify the orgId, don't send the header at all.
NickNick
Thanks for the response. I think I need to provide more context for the problem.

Our development environment automatically creates objects based on the "contract" implied by the WSDL, and thus we rely on its accuracy.

Applications generated using the login operation will dutifully require a value. As a result, users will bump their head, and be forced to make a manual change to the object to resolve the problem. We don't want them to have to do this simply because the WSDL inaccurately describes the operation.

I can't tell from your response whether or not you consider this to be a bug and if I should expect this to get fixed. Can you please clarify?

Regards,
Nick

SuperfellSuperfell
Well, the only reason to send the header is to send the orgId, so sending the header without the orgId seems pointless. Are you forcing them to send every header declared on each operation ?