function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jonathanrico.jonathanrico. 

Customer Portal -- WebServices API Help.

Hello everyone

Quick question, is it possible to enable WebServices API for Customer Portal Users? I can't find a way to create a security token to make the login call. I guess that I should also send other paramaters such as the portal..

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf
I think you may be conflating what a client ID is for with what a regular login does.  To login as a Customer Portal user you just have to set LoginScopeHeader first -- you will need a portal ID for that -- and then login normally.  The presumption is that you've already set up a Customer Portal and you have some Customer Portal users.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
You can do it but you have to set LoginScopeHeader first.

Wow, thanks for your help.

So this means that I will need to change my users from Customer Portal Users to Partner users?

Sorry, I will change my question. I'm having a hard time getting the API Token (ClientId). And I don't know if this token is only available for partner users.

Thanks for all of your help :)

werewolfwerewolf
A client ID is only available for partners, and you don't generally need one to access the API.  Why do you feel you need one?
werewolfwerewolf
I think you may be conflating what a client ID is for with what a regular login does.  To login as a Customer Portal user you just have to set LoginScopeHeader first -- you will need a portal ID for that -- and then login normally.  The presumption is that you've already set up a Customer Portal and you have some Customer Portal users.
This was selected as the best answer

Hey,

Yes sorry, I was a little lost with the client ID. As you mentioned before I just needed to set the LoginScopeHeader with the Portal ID and Org Id. 

Thanks a lot for your help!