function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jazziebjazzieb 

Customer Portal and Single Sign On

I have set up a customer portal and now want to have Single sign on to it from our company website .. I am really struggling with this as I can see "Is SSO enabled" in a normal users profile under General User Permissions but there does not seem to be anywhere to set it in a Portal user's profile .. I've had our web developer review all the Wiki entries and it all makes perfect sense apart from the bit about "make sure the portal user profile has "Is Single-sign-on enabled" checked and you are using the correct login URLs."

Has anyone already set this up and could give me some direction?

Jaz
SaaspertSaaspert
I am also looking for ways to implement single sign on for customer portal (mainly SAML way but any other solution is fine too). I do not see any mention of customer portal in single sign on implementation guide (Winter 09) , please let me know if someone has successfully implemented a SSO for Customer portal ? if yes I would like to know which identity provider you used and any other details you can share, that would be really helpful.

thanks,
shanumanshanuman
Dear friends,

I'm also trying the same implementation of SSO for Custom portals. Please let me know if you got any solution for this issue.

Regards,
Sunil

glorgeglorge

After learning that SSO into the Customer Portal via SAML is *not* supported, my team was able to get SSO working via Delegated Authentication.  

While very cool, the solution is not without its quirks.  Specifically, if a user's session expires while they are in the Customer Portal, and they try to click any link, they will be brought to the main salesforce.com login page (where they are unable to log in).  Also, if there's an error with the SSO process, there is no way to redirect the user back to our main login page.  Both of this issues detract from the seamlessness of the experiece.  

Sorry I can't provide more in the way of implementation details...

grahamrgrahamr
Are you passing the ssoStartPage url param?
DcoderDcoder

@glorge   --  Could you please share the way of implementing delegated SSO for customer portal. If you are having any sample code, kindly share it too. I am confused about using token generator and passing the username-token combination to salesforce for verification. Do we need to develop any webservice apart from one provided by salesforce for delegated SSO?

thanks

dcoder

Chirag MehtaChirag Mehta

can anyone share step by step process on how to implement SSO in a customer portal environment.

rohit.mehtarohit.mehta

Can someone specify the steps to set this up - SSO with Customer Portal?

It will be very helpful for everyone.

Thanks

Rohit

kminevkminev

I am also struggling with this issue. Anyone who can provide with quick steps or direction on how to implement this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

TooTallSidTooTallSid

Ping Identity recently had to solve this problem for our own customer portal. We want to give our customers access to SFDC's Ideas and Answers.  Our solution is dependent on our SaaS SSO product, Ping Connect.  If you are interested in the step we had to use to get this to work w/ Ping Connect, send me a private message w/ your contact information and we'd be happy to help.