function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chrisforcechrisforce 

DOCS... DOCS... DOCS.... Cant get them..

Hi.

Cant get to any of the docs that require a DFC login (ex. cookbook, library, etc). I am a DFC member but when i attempt to log in, i get an error. I have been getting this error for weeks thinking it would be fixed. Does anyone have these docs they could email me?

Thanks

Chris

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Tran ManTran Man
Chris, please forward me your developer edition username and I will get this fixed.

Message Edited by Tran Man on 11-21-2008 04:35 PM

All Answers

chrisforcechrisforce
i have even created a completely new dev account and still get the same error.

any help?

Thanks

JonPJonP
If you install the Force.com IDE, it includes most of the platform technical documentation.
DevAngelDevAngel
Hi chrisforce,

What is the error that you are getting?
RickyGRickyG
chrisforce -

Have you tried this page?  I believe it is a public page, and the download includes all three books.

chrisforcechrisforce
Hi Ricky. That is the link that I use and the one I have been getting the error from. Here is the error I have been getting for a while now.

Database error

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "User::addToDatabase". MySQL returned error "1062: Duplicate entry 'chris roberts (chris roberts)' for key 2 (localhost)".

Would love to get my hands on those books.

Thanks
Chris

Tran ManTran Man
Chris, please forward me your developer edition username and I will get this fixed.

Message Edited by Tran Man on 11-21-2008 04:35 PM
This was selected as the best answer
xroninxronin
Nick I am new to Force.com and I have been getting this exact same error on my account anytime I try to
access any developer resources the system tels me that I have loged in 2 times its duplicate. This makes
sence because I did loging from start to my account but when I try download Getting started books or watch
video presentation it redirects me to another page and there my loging or session info is not available so I am
asked to login.

Here is the error: A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "User::addToDatabase". MySQL returned error "1062: Duplicate entry 'Igor Androsov (Igor Androsov)' for key 2 (localhost)".

Can you please fix my account problem if it is system related or may be it is something I did wrong? My developer account
user ID: iandrosov73@gmail.com

chrisforcechrisforce
Support fixed this issue with me. I emailed them with a couple of screen shots of the error i was getting and they made a change to my username. After that, I was able to log in and get the books. The books are great. If you are having this same issue, I would suggest contacting support and working through this issue with them.

Good luck

Chris