function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
finkyfinky 

How/Where do I save WSDL?

Setup>Customize>Integrate>API contains the following instructions and  a link to download a WSDL file

Salesforce's WSDL allows you to easily integrate Salesforce with your applications, and to build new applications that work with Salesforce. To get started, download a WSDL file to a place accessible to your development environment.

How/where do I save the webpage that is returned after clicking the link?

Finky
finkyfinky
Okay.  I learned from the help page that I can save it by right clicking the link.  I'm then instructed to "On your computer, import the local copy of the WSDL document into your development environment"

Can anybody tell me what that means?  Are they referring to Eclipse?  Something else?

Help!  Finky
SuperfellSuperfell
What developer tools are you using, Visual Studio, Eclipse, something else? they all have an import WSDL or import Web Service type option.
finkyfinky
I will be using Eclipse.  Thanks!
DevAngelDevAngel
You need to save your wsdl to your hard drive.  Then you can drag the wsdl file to your eclipse project.  From there, if you have the appropriate eclipe setup, you can generate the Java client from the wsdl.
ArjunArjun
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the information, Can you how to generate Client Service importing WSDL file

Regards,
Mallikarjun
ArjunArjun
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the information, Can you tell me how to generate Client Service after importing WSDL file

Regards,
Mallikarjun
ArjunArjun

How to develop a webservice that i can invoke in salesforce , And that will  integrate salesforce with other applications i.e it will pass some data to other application and fetch data from other application

Can anyone help me out

sumpritsumprit
Hi Arjun,

Did you receive any answer to this question?

I am looking to integrate an external system with Salesforce? Need some tips?

thanks
sumita
suma_anand04@hotmail.com

chercher

after i download the wsdl file how do i save with .wsdl extension? when i copy the wsdl code in to the word document i am able to save the file with .XML extension but not with a .WSDL extension. How can i save the xml document with a .WSDL extension?

AshishyadavAshishyadav
1.In Salesforce, click Your Name | Setup | Develop | API.
2.Click Generate Enterprise WSDL.
3.In your browser, click File | Save Page As....
4.Name the file enterprise.wsdl and click Save.