function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
striverstriver 

How can I deploy the page layout I created?

Can I deploy all page layout I created in one custom object I created so that it will be viewable to all user? Or only one page layout that can be set per profile user?

I have problem deploying the page layout so that it will be viewable to all user. Please help..

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper

Striver,

You have to use RecordTypes here. Then assign different page layouts for these record types!

After this, assign these recordTypes to user profiles as per the requirement. So, then when the user witht hat profle logs in, he can see the appropriate page layout by making a simple selection from the allocated record types!

Cool_D

All Answers

sumitasumita

You can have different profiles for different user profiles..but only one page layout for any particular user..

~S

Message Edited by sumita on 11-24-2009 11:03 PM
Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper

Striver,

You have to use RecordTypes here. Then assign different page layouts for these record types!

After this, assign these recordTypes to user profiles as per the requirement. So, then when the user witht hat profle logs in, he can see the appropriate page layout by making a simple selection from the allocated record types!

Cool_D

This was selected as the best answer
striverstriver
Thank you very much again. I sucessfully do the setting like the one you said.
iqbaliqbal

Can a custom object layout which is already deployed be updated using ant. I tried this but not successful.

Build always goes successful without errors. Custom object does not have any recordtypes.

iqbaliqbal

Never mind it worked for me.