function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NenzNenz 

Using the svc cloud console int API when called from an ext iframe which calls a VF Page..

Hello all.

Here is the use case....

Custom link used on the case page layout which calls a VF Page that displays content from an external server in an frame. Click the link hosted on the external server to call a VF Page. VF Page displays a button which will use the onclick event to attempt to set the current sub tab title using sforce.console.setTabTitle('My New Title');

Result....

Error: Permission denied for <https://c.na1.visual.force.com> to get property Window.xxxxIFrameName <https://na1.salesforce.com>. (No change of Tab Title)

---------

This is just a quick test to see if I could the sforce.console called by Javascript within a VF Page that exists in an iframe called by an external domain.. It does not appear that I can do this.. Is this possible.. are there any workarounds??  The goal here is that SFDC CRM interacts with an external app via iframing it.  There are some inconsistencies with the way i currently works with the service cloud console.. ie.. Primary tabs / subtabs...etc. I need actions triggered on that external iframe page.. ie.. back to case links to communicate with the api so i come back to SFDC Cases in with the correct tab mechanism.

Hmm. are we approacing the following unresolved idea???

http://sites.force.com/ideaexchange/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xt&id=08730000000BpUNAA0

Thanks!

*werewolf**werewolf*

So wait, I'm a little unclear.  What do you have here?  A Visualforce page that occupies a Service Cloud Console tab, and on that page you have an iframe with another Visualforce page in it?

*werewolf**werewolf*

So there seems to be an external server involved in here somehow.  You're trying to call the Service Cloud Console API methods from the page from the external domain?  The error seems like you're trying to call it from Visualforce somewhere...

NenzNenz

Think "crmxxxxxx.jsp"

Running a quick feasibility test.

We are on the service cloud console tab.User is on a standard case view.. User clicks a custom link which calls a VF Page. This VF Page does nothing but  write iframe markup for which it's source has html content from an external server.  That source conteent is html content which contains  a link which, when clicked, calls a simple VF Page. The called VF Page simply does the following which yields a security error in the browser after the user clicks the link.

<apex:page standardController="Case" showHeader="false"  sidebar="false">
    <A HREF="#" onClick="testSetTabTitle();return false">
         Click here to change this tab's title</A> 

<apex:includeScript value="/support/console/20.0/integration.js"/>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        function testSetTabTitle() {
            //Set the current tab's title
            sforce.console.setTabTitle('My New Title');
        }
    </script>

</apex:page>