function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
zachzach 

Certain roles not able to see their profileId?

Hey, so I have a report that is in a custom S-Control within our app.

This report is ran from two places.

One is where a Manager type runs a summary report and clicks on the user to see their
individual report. This runs fine.

The other runs when the user is logged in and clicks on a tab to run the report. This one does not run.

This is the exact same report with the exact same code in both instances.

The error I'm getting is:

-------
"className: Fault faultcode: sf:INVALID_FIELD faultstring: INVALID_FIELD: Reporting_Division__c, UserRoleId, ProfileId from User Where id = '[user's id]'

^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:68 No such column 'ProfileId' on entity 'User'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. detail:

SOQL: Select Id, LastName, FirstName, Reporting_Division__c, UserRoleId, ProfileId from User Where id = '[user's id]' RequestedColumns IdLastNameFirstNameReporting_Division__cUserRoleIdProfileId"
--------

I know there's a profileId column in the user entity because it says so in the sforce explorer and the report runs fine if I'm logged in as a manager type. Is there some sort of security setting that doesn't allow non-manager types to see their own profileId?

Thanks.
zachzach
Any luck with this yet? It would be most helpful to be able to discern between profile Id's when our salespeople are running these reports. Is this a bug?

-Zach
SuperfellSuperfell
You need the View All Data profile permissions to view a users profileId. In an upcoming release, we'll be making it so that users can find out their own profileId (via getUserInfo)