function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VirajViraj 

How make Standard User edit Visualforce pages

Hi All,

I am an Admin of a Saleforce organization.

I have login of "Standard User" profile. I want to allow this "Standard User" profile user to create/ edit / delete Visualforce pages. How can make this possible ?

Viraj

youcyouc

edit visualforce page requires "customize application" permission under administrative permissions section in profile management page. You can't edit standard user profile, so the best solution is to clone a profile from standard user profile and make sure to check "customize application"

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

By default sales force doesn’t provide these rights(create/ edit / delete Visual force pages) to standard user profile. But you can do this by creating clone of this profile and set the permissions of create/ edit/ delete to this profile.

Hope this helps.

Chatter DevelopmentChatter Development

Dear Youc,

Thank you youc 4 ur answer. But "customize application" permission gives lot of permission at once. Some time it reaches Admin level previlege.
see: https://na3.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/admin_userperms.htm#CustomizeApplication
I want to enable only create/edit/delete/... permission for resources like "Visualforce Pages","Static Resources" etc.. for standard user or other types of (clone)users.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Pradeep_Navatar,
your answer is for some standard objects..(Accounts, Assets, Campaigns....not for Visualforce Pages). It doesn't enable create/edit/delete/... permission for resources.(VF, Static Resources...)

Thank you,

Chaminda Kumara

youcyouc

Hi,

But customerize application is 'must have' for creating/editing VF page. You can narrow down the permission by limiting user's read/Create/edit/delete permission to customer objects.

In principle, editing/creating VF page is administrator/SF developer's task and they should know very well what's the effect of their operations,  so it makes sense to give the user admin rights.