function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Book_GuyBook_Guy 

Account Owner Name - via formula

Hi All,

I am trying to pull in the Account Owner's Name to a custom object using a formula. However just see an option for the Account Owner ID.

TIA

David

sales4cesales4ce

I am assuming you are having a look up relationship to the Account from your custom object.

I would to it in 2 steps:

1)

Create a Formula field (Account_Ownername__c) on the Account object to pull the Account Owner Name.

From Account, Owner.Name should give you the Account Owner Name.

2)

Create a formula field on your custom object to pull the Account ownername from Account_Ownername__c field.

From your Custom object, Account__r.Account_Ownername__c should give you the owner name.

Hope it helps.

Sales4ce

Book_GuyBook_Guy

From the Account you can do CreatedBy.FirstName.  But you can't access the profile record using Owner.Name.

Seems to me there ought to be some way to do this.

--David

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

You can not access the owner name in formula.

An idea over this : http://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9y3&id=08730000000IJugAAG

Similar Idea : http://success.salesforce.com/ideaview?id=08730000000BqiPAAS

Now if you want to get owner name then write trigger which will fetch the owner name and will update it in your field.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

Tyler MowbreyTyler Mowbrey
I know this is a really old thread but I want to add a solution:

You can do something similar to this - Contact.Account.Owner.FirstName + ' '+  Contact.Account.Owner.LastName
KCarmenKCarmen
I'm still trying to figure out how to do this? Is there a solution?
Account__r.Name Please Excuse Typos - Sent via Mobile Device
KCarmenKCarmen
That will bring the Account Name in but not the Account Owner's name.
Account__r.owner.firstname & ' ' & Account__r.owner.lastname Please Excuse Typos - Sent via Mobile Device
KCarmenKCarmen
AWESOME! Thanks Tyler - that worked! Much appreciated
hovik___hovik___

What is the "Account__r"? Is it custom field?

I need to pull opportunities including 'Created By' field, and the field for that is "CreatedById" in documentation. However, I need The name of the creator except the id. And perhaps I cannot use custom field, because users will connect their salesforce account and it will be vary from account to account.

Any idea?

Beatrice DickBeatrice Dick
I just came across the same issue. It is not working through "Insert field" but (only OwnerId), but if you type it in, as Tyler suggested, it is working. My formular looks slightly different though: 
Account.Owner.FirstName & " " & Account.Owner.LastName