function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gringoesegringoese 

Considerations when downgrading from Unlimited to Enterprise Edition

I am trying to get my company to switch from Unlimited to Enterprise Edition. They are thinking of moving off of Salesforce altogether and I'm hoping if I can get the costs lower they will change their mind. Has anyone done this type of downgrade? Is it hard and are there complications or is it just as simple as flipping a switch?

NasipuriNasipuri

The decision for downgrade needs a deep analysis of the current application and the recent future road map and strategy for the Force.com and other systems.

There are certain additional features in the Unlimited over enterprise as

• Premier support
  •  Unlimited custom Apps
  •  2000 Objects
  • Unlimited Tabs
  •  Full mobile access
  •  Additional Storage
  • Free full sandbox and more

For detail you can refer to the link below

http://www.salesforce.com/crm/editions-pricing.jsp

and can download the full comparison documentation .

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

dinesh.nasipuri@gmail.com

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

We have a situation to downgrade from Unlimited to Enterprise edition. Salesforce is not willing to automatically downgrade and asking us to migrate the entire solution with data to enterprise edition. Is this how it works? 

Can you please provide your insights if you did a downgrade between instances? 

Thanks.

NasipuriNasipuri

I have experience to upgraditio which is a automated process by SFDC , But I think for down grade SFDC will not do it in automated basis.

Thanks,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Ashish Singh SFDCAshish Singh SFDC
Hi all,

I've similiar requirement where we are want to move from Unlimited edition to enterprise edition. If someone has done it in past, could you please help us with consideration, challenges, checklist, etc.

Thanks,
Ashish Singh.