function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ih-Jacoih-Jaco 

Two problems with Customer Portal

1. The user can't login to the portal.  I have set the profile and roles appropriately.  From their contact record, i can login as the user and all is good, but when they try to login it gives them the following error message:

Your login attempt has failed. The username or password may be incorrect, or your location or login time may be restricted. Please contact the administrator at your company for help.

We reset the password and still nothing.

2.  I have set the default landing page to be something other than the Home page and it still goes to the home page

Thanks in advance for your help.
EIE50EIE50

Hi,

Make sure the contacts are associated with an account and enable the users for whom they want to log on to the portal.

In the setup menu, on the portal detail page go to customizing tabs and select the default landing tab to the required.

Also, make sure the custom objects are enabbled for portal or they will not be visible.

Thanks

Nazeer AhamedNazeer Ahamed

On your problem #2,

I have been noticing the issue. If you login to portal from contact - Manage external user button.

If you login from Customer portal URL and typing Customer portal user name and password, it will take you to landing page you specified.