function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MiguelGuerreiroMiguelGuerreiro 

archive email messages

Hello,   I need to archive (remove from salesforce) around 400.000 email messages. I tried the weekly export but files are too big and it's not possible to open them (in case I need to import some information back to salesforce). The main issue is that the email message body is not stored in one cell (one single email message is scattered in several rows). The same happens with Data Loader.  Does anyone ever try this? What are my options? I'm running out of space and I really need to free up some space...
werewolfwerewolf
I'd suggest that you look into the Case Detachifier, which is free on the AppExchange.  It will allow you to archive and delete EmailMessages and also Case and Email attachments.

Thank you werewolf. I'm already using a solution for "normal" case attachements which runs as a service every few hours and I would like to keep that.

But I guess if I don't find something else I'll have to look into Case Detachifier. 

the Case Detachifier does not remove the email messages, only the attachments. What I need is to remove them since we have almost 800.000 taking up to 1.6 GB of space...

Hello SF people,

Any ideas for this?

CharlieLangCharlieLang

Hi,

Did you find a solution for this? I am in a similar situation. I have reduced my data storage down using the case detachifier but i have 122k email messages i need to archive somehow...

any help would be greatly appreciated

Robin RoachRobin Roach
Does anyone have a solution for this?  I, too have almost 400,000K email messages and am looking for a solution to archive (remove from Salesforce but have access to) any message more than 90 days old.
susant dwivedisusant dwivedi
U can use data loader to extract id of emailmessage and delete the data. Take a backup for future if needed. That's is easiest and best in my view