function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
XXXXXX 

Webservice WSDL Looks Like Enterprise WSDL

Working on a new webservice, and when I generate the WSDL, it looks like the enterprise WSDL, rather than the WSDL I generated from the last webservice, which was very very similar to the new one. I've gone over everything that I can think of and the only critical difference between these two webservices is that the new one was developed against an Enterprise org using Eclipse and the old one was developed against a development org using the SF IDE.

Since the WSDL is different, my code doesn't work any more.

What don't I know yet? 

TIA,

John

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
XXXXXX
Apparently you get different WSDLs depending on what org you generate them from. It's a weird, undocumented "feature" I guess. We manually edited the WSDL and moved on.

All Answers

AishAish

It could be that when you click under Setup>Develop>API>Enterprise WSDL...the resulting page may not have refreshed. Try deleting all WSDLs in the project and download the brand new WSDL.

That said, my understanding is that you are trying to extract the Enterprise WSDL and not a WSDL for an Apex based WS you created on Force.com...

XXXXXX
No, this is a new, custom, Apex webservice that I created. The WSDL generated from this webservice looks like the enterprise WSDL. It isn't the enterprise WSDL -- I have had independent confirmation of that. It also doesn't look like the WSDL from the last custom Apex webservice I created.
XXXXXX
Apparently you get different WSDLs depending on what org you generate them from. It's a weird, undocumented "feature" I guess. We manually edited the WSDL and moved on.
This was selected as the best answer
SuperfellSuperfell
If your webservice makes any reference to sobjects, then the entire sobject tree will be included in your services WSDL, perhaps this is what you're seeing.