function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mikey CeeMikey Cee 

"The account associated with this portal has no owner"

Hi,

I'm working through the tutorial here to enable a Customer Portal for my site:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Authenticating_Users_on_Force.com_Sites

As suggested, I got an existing account ID (I used my own account, which is an admin account) and pasted it into my SiteRegisterController, so it looks like this:

public with sharing class SiteRegisterController

{   

private static Id PORTAL_ACCOUNT_ID = '00590000000aB8l'; // ID of my admin account

// snip ...

}

But after I fill in all the details and hit siubmit on the self-registration page at /SiteRegister, I get:

Errors

• Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
  • The account associated with this portal has no owner

The error email that gets sent to me when this occurs says:

Catalog registration accountId parameter value is not valid 

How do I fix this? Feeling very lost in this system right now!

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
EIE50EIE50

Hi,

There has to be an account (create one using Accounts Tab). You will need to use this account record id in your code. When you create an account record, obviously you would be the owner of that record, so make sure your admin user record (User object) has a role. Once you do it, you should be fine.

Thanks.

All Answers

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

There has to be an account (create one using Accounts Tab). You will need to use this account record id in your code. When you create an account record, obviously you would be the owner of that record, so make sure your admin user record (User object) has a role. Once you do it, you should be fine.

Thanks.

This was selected as the best answer
RupaliJRupaliJ

Hi,

Can you please share your code? I want to do site registration. But, I am not getting how I will assign account record Id. Can you please elaborate?

Thanks.

prhannonprhannon

Hi There,

I've completed the followin and am still having the same problem.

- set up an account

- provided that id in the controller's portal account id

- made myself account owner

- assigned myself a role

The issue seems to be that the Customer Portal Account field on the account record I created is unchecked. I can't seem to find a way to enable that for editing. Any idea what I need to do?

Thanks ~