function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
deepa_tansendeepa_tansen 

Add lead on account related list in page layout

How can I add leads in Account object related list in page layout?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Shiva Ramesh @ xcdhrShiva Ramesh @ xcdhr

Hi Deepa

Create lookup relationship between Lead and Account object.

1) Goto Setup > Customize > Leads > Fields and click New button in custom fields section under leads.

2) Create Lookup field associate with Account object.

3) After created Lookup field, you can view Lead as Related list on Account Detail page.

All Answers

Shiva Ramesh @ xcdhrShiva Ramesh @ xcdhr

Hi Deepa

Create lookup relationship between Lead and Account object.

1) Goto Setup > Customize > Leads > Fields and click New button in custom fields section under leads.

2) Create Lookup field associate with Account object.

3) After created Lookup field, you can view Lead as Related list on Account Detail page.

This was selected as the best answer
AroraAnupAroraAnup

Leads do not have a direct relationship with Accounts. What I mean is that when you convert a lead, you can CREATE an Account or choose to modify an existing one, but you cannot ATTACH a lead to an Account.

If you really want to do this, then you would need to explicitly create a relationship between leads and accounts by creating a lookup relationship on Leads to Account, so that you can attach one or more leads to an Account, and have a related list of Leads on Accounts this way!

Hope this helps!

Ron KoppelmannRon Koppelmann
CloudKnight, I believe you can attach a lead to an account. When you convert a lead and SF detects an existing account with a similar name, you can tell SF to attach that lead to an existing account in the convert lead page. See screenshot below...

User-added image
LaRonda DeMatteisLaRonda DeMatteis
Yes, but when attaching the lead object to an existing account, the lead is converted into a contact.  My sales org essentially wants a section like Contacts that is just leads related to the account.  Any suggestions?
Sjoerd LoenenSjoerd Loenen
In our organisation we want the same thing as LaRonda and Deepta Tanson mention. However we still want to be able to convert the Lead. Since the conversion process is based on the "Company" field and the related list under Accounts is based on "a lookup field to accounts". Therefore my question is: Is it possible to make some kind of workflow that automatically sets the value of the "Company" field equal to what has been filled in in the "Lookup fields to accounts" field?
Kristen HammergrenKristen Hammergren
Taking this question a step further, we have added the relationship between accounts and leads... We still struggle with converting a lead and allowing the company to field the account name. But, we also would like to have lead activity/events/etc, be visible on the account activity history.  Has anyone figured out how to do this? We have professional edition.
Thanks!
Pat McCaullyPat McCaully
I Kristen,

Interestingly it seems we are doing/trying to do the exact same things. I made the relationship between Account and Lead a while ago but I haven't figured out how to change the company associated with a lead to the account name on conversion . Have you had any luck figuring this out? 
Sjoerd LoenenSjoerd Loenen
Hi Pat,

Have you managed to show the unclosed Lead activities and Lead activity history in the Accout activity history? If yes, I am very curious how you managed to do this. Could you please elaborate on that?
Thanks in advance.
Alper Bayramoglu 7Alper Bayramoglu 7
Hi, I have created look up account but when I select 'Attached the Existing: Company' my leads dont appear under leads sections. Its empty.

Please any comment? 
Suraj SinghSuraj Singh
@Shiva Ramesh,
If the Lead get converted, then it will automatically removed from related list of Account. :(.
Sales Team- MultiSales Team- Multi
Has anyone figured this out, we are trying to add the leads section to the account page layout.  I was able to create a lookup field in Leads and it added the section into the accounts page layout, however, I would like to see the leads displayed and I do not see any.  I understand that in the leads tab it is the "Company name" not the Account name, how do I link?  Also, would like to add the convert button within the leads section if possible for the leads listed........Is there a way to do all of this?

User-added image