function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dmchengdmcheng 

CRM Content availability?

Is CRM Content available now upon request for existing organizations?  If not, does anyone know when it will be available and if it will be automatically enabled?  It sure is difficult to find any information about this on the Salesforce websites, and the CRM Content documentation never states explicitly whether enabling it requires a customer service request.

Thanks

David

WYamWYam

They made content part of at least the EE license (not sure about the others) on January 1, 2010. However, you need to request that Salesforce partition the actual content licenses to the users.

Essentially, it's available to the org but the switch has to be flipped so you can use it.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Will

roaringfork2525roaringfork2525

David-

I'm curious what came of this.  Were you able to get content enabled as part of your existing license? 

I am getting a different message from my rep saying not available for free yet - seems to be conflicting messages at SFDC depending on who you speak with.

Thanks-

Matt

dmchengdmcheng
No, I haven't been able to get it - they say it's not ready yet for existing orgs.
WYamWYam

I challenge that statement from them David because we now have it in our org and we were an existing customer. There is the formality of submitting a case to activate the feature. Once that happened, my sales rep (with case number in hand) pushed it through for us.

dmchengdmcheng
Ah, my mistake - support can't enable it, but they did say to contact the account executive, which we have not done yet.