function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lapaullapaul 

What is the best way to import/export data out of or into Salesforce.com

Hi,

Everytime I attempt to login Dataloader, I get this error message "Invalid Api version specified on URL".  what did I do wrong? What is the best way to import/export data out of or into Salesforce.com? Please advice.

thanks,

Paul

GeraldineGrayGeraldineGray

Do you have the latest version of the Data Loader? 

lapaullapaul

where can I get the latest version of the Dataloader? The one I currently have issue with was downloaded from within Salesforce.com by default. Please advice.

thanks

GeraldineGrayGeraldineGray

Just go to Admin Setup > Data Management > Data Loader > Download the Data Loader

This will be Version 19

Plus, are you adding your security token? You need to add it to your password in order to get it to log in.

If it's not the data loader or your security token (Personal Setup > Reset My Security Token) then log a case with SFDC.

Good luck

lapaullapaul

That was what I did. I downloaded from Setup->Data Management->Data Loader

SuperfellSuperfell

It sounds like you may of downloaded the dataloader from a sandbox login that has been upgraded to winter '11, but are trying to connect to the regular production servers, not the sandbox servers. (check the settings in the data loader, or alternatively download the previous version of the data loader from a regular production login)

techwaretechware

If you downloaded the dataloader from the sandbox.

Change your Server host in the Settings to match your sandbox login.