function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AncaDAncaD 

Displaying different page layouts on New and Edit

I've created two page layouts for an object and assigned them to two record types. I need to use the two different layouts in the New and Edit actions for the object. How can I use the record types that I created, in order to accomplish this?

Thank you for your help.

NikiVNikiV

You can do this with workflows.  For all profiles, only give access to the "New" record type.  Then create a workflow that only runs when the record is created and you can use the criteria of Record Type = "New".  The immediate workflow action is to update the Record Type to "Edit".  Once this is activated, all users will create a new record with the initial record type of "New", using the associated page layout.  When they save the record, the record type in the background will change to "Edit" and any edits done there after will use the associated page layout for the "Edit".

Hope that works for you.

Thaddeus FerberThaddeus Ferber
With Lighting App Builder there is now another way to do this, without requiring seperate record type and without requiring flow/process builder. I documented it here: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trailblazer-community/feed/0D54S00000JfmWPSAZ
Make sure to read both of my comments, the 2nd has the step by step of the solution that ended up working best for me.