function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
steve buikhuizesteve buikhuize 

Wondering how to load data from Production into Sandbox or Developer Edition?

http://www.astitch.net/backupimport/

Take a look at this tool which is being used by customers in Australia to solve the problem of loading related records. Any feedback is welcome...

MattDHLMattDHL

Whilst I am waiting for a data export I have a few questions.

Can I add more entities for Account, example I want to upload Account info for say 30 Accounts, so I can do the following:

<entity apiname="Account" skip="0">
                <filter field="ID" regex="ID1" />
            </entity>

<filter field="ID" regex="ID2" />
            </entity>

This tool will be perfect for me, I have being trying to do with same thing using a batch process with the Data Loader but having super relational issues.

Also our used space on production is 2GB, would it take a long time to filter thru that file, just to add data for objects related to those 30 accounts?

I am new to salesforce, being using it for 3 weeks my first task was to create a batch to upload some data to our sandbox with no luck, this looks perfect. 

I have two files as our export was so large (2x 130MB files), is it possible to use this tool with two zip files?

Regards

Matt

Message Edited by MattDHL on 08-04-2009 02:28 AM
Message Edited by MattDHL on 08-04-2009 02:30 AM
steve buikhuizesteve buikhuize

Hi Matt,

it should work like this...

<filter field="ID" regex="ID1" />
                <filter field="ID" regex="ID2" />
            </entity>

Let me know if that works for you

MattDHLMattDHL

Thanks for the reply, I'm still waiting for my full access to the sandbox to be complete.

As mentioned the export files are 2 x 130MB ZIP files, im going to go through each file one at a time, im guessing this will work.

I will inform you as soon as I have made any progress.

Kind Regards

Matt

aebenaeben
How do i create an export of multiple related entities has to be in one file? Please help.
aebenaeben

I zipped the two files together and that work. Created the external id My_External_Id__c on the target.

But, I am getting an error that says  "Upsert Error: My_External_Id__c not specified".

Any thoughts?