function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WizradWizrad 

Viewstate Inspector "Internal"

So after hitting some view state errors I cleaned up my code to significantly decrease the size of the viewstate.

It sort of worked.

My view state is now at 88kb in size.  Inspecting the viewstate shows that my controller takes up about 15kb, the other 73kb is used by "Internal".  What is "Internal" and why is it so big?

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

You can check it now by Go To > Setup > Personal Setup > My Personal Information > Personal Information > "Development Mode" make it on and then "Show View State in Development Mode" on.

Thanks
Ankit Arora

Kenneth_EA_JensenKenneth_EA_Jensen

I'm curious, both to the concept of the 'internal' field of the view state and to the answer you supply Ankit.

In order to see the size of the 'internal' part of ones viewstate the "Show View State in Development Mode" must be turned on already.

The real problem is that the View state inspector doesn't give a more detailed insight into what is making it so large.

What could be interesting to know is exactly what is causing the size of it, and how to counter it. Since simply knowing that your Internal is large, doesn't help much without knowing what the concept 'internal' covers.

- Kenneth E A Jensen