function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SathyaincampusSathyaincampus 

How to query the list view and field names in that using api c#? (similar to describeLayout call)

Hi frenz,

I have a scenario like i have to show the same listbox in my aspx page as it appears in salesforce under each tab which shows the list view (Ex: All,My Opportunities,Closing This month, etc.) - We use to click new and create new view and set the restrictions for the users correct? i need to query the same using some SOQL and api thru the wsdl and display the same views list and if the user selects that i need to show only those filtered records which has been set in that view and also only the fields specified in that view needs to be displayed in a grid format in my aspx page using c#.

I was searching the community and got some info like filterlistId i dont know whats that.. but that too is for visualforce it seems?

Can anyone help me whats the method to query the list views. is it possible? (similar to describeLayout call)

Eagerly awaiting reply!!!

Regards

Sathya

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Try the following:-

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled</title>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<script type="text/javascript">
function sendMail(_frm){
var eml="you@youraddress.com";
var bod="&body="+_frm.selOne.value+" ¦¦ "+_frm.txtOne.value;
var subj="?subject=Whatever you want";
location.href="mailto:"+eml+subj+bod;
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<form action="mailto:you@youraddress.com" enctype="text/plain" 
method="POST" onsubmit="sendMail(this);return false;">
<select name="selOne">
<option value="Dog">Dog</option>
<option value="Cat">Cat</option>
</select>
<textarea name="txtOne"></textarea>
<input type="submit" value="Submit" />
</form>
</body>
</html>

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

SathyaincampusSathyaincampus

no Ispita Saha,

I dint ask about how to get a value from html listbox and send as mail.

I wanted to query the list view under each tabs (like opportunities) in salesforce.

and i wanted to know is there a possiblity to query through a partner wsdl or  similar to describelayout is there any function  like describeviews or something which will fetch me all that view related data like viewname, fields used in the view, security restriction,etc.? or the only way is to use a metadata wsdl??? if metadata wsdl is the answer, can I get a sample program for the same?

regards

sathya