function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gringoesegringoese 

Can't remove Approval Process Steps, even after Process deactivated

I temporarily deactivated an Approval Process because I need to remove some of the Approval Steps. I still don't see any options for removing them. I see remove links for Initial Submission Actions, Final Approval Actions , Final Rejection Actions but not in the Approval Steps section. What gives?

J KeenerJ Keener

You need to clone the approval process, make your changes in the clone, and then activate the cloned version as your new production process.

Once an Approval Process is activated, there are a number of things you can no longer do to it, since it could have actual approvals midstream in the approval process.  (for example, an approval could be at the step that you are trying to remove, and Salesforce would have no idea what to do with an actual approval record that was in that step.)

Old approvals that are already in the approval process will finish up in the old deactivated process and anything new will go through the newly activated one.  I think you can delete the old deactivated process once you are sure there are no approvals left in process.

gringoesegringoese

Wow that is a pain in the butt if you have many Approval Processes to change and not very intuitive. I do understand the reasoning though. Thanks.