function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JustinaJustina 

Granting access to different data for different users

I am working on an Enterpise Edition and I have around 30 Force.com One App user licences.

I have installed a package developed in a Developer edition that is having different tabs and is using also Static Resources.

What I am trying to do is to give access to different groups of users to different data within the application: eg. 5 users should see only five of the 10 tabs that the application has.

Can you please inform me if this is posible within the licence that I have and if yes, how can this be achieved?

Regards,

Justina Zah
 +44 20 81233966 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
srikeerthisrikeerthi
Ok Because it is not possible to Users who had assigned with Same Profile and view the Tabs differently if the profile is different then we can set in the way which we need. Thanks

All Answers

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Hi

You can do that by using Profile Permissions,

Here if you gave the same profile those 5 Users then you can keep all those

tabs as Tab Hidden the those users will not be able to see those tabs.

Thanks.

JustinaJustina

Hi,

I can change settings for only one user profile, the one for Force.com - One App User. The changes I make for this profile will apply to all my users.

That is the reason why I would firstly like to know if this is indeed possible with the product I have purchased.

Thanks

JustinaJustina

Hi,

I am trying now to create more profiles on the same licence. And if that works fine, then I will do what you have suggested.

Thanks

srikeerthisrikeerthi
Ok Because it is not possible to Users who had assigned with Same Profile and view the Tabs differently if the profile is different then we can set in the way which we need. Thanks
This was selected as the best answer