function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Book_GuyBook_Guy 

New Interface Colors (lack of)

Hi,

Some of our users don't like that the new interface has the same color for all the screens  (lead, account, contact..).  They miss the way the old interface had different colors for different screens.  Does anyone know a way to change the colors on the screens?

Thanks.

--David

NBlasgenNBlasgen

That's such a good point and I have no ideas on this.  You could do by having a custom VF page get loaded as a field on the standard objects, but that's really reinventing the wheel.  I have no idea, but I do like the idea about being able to define the colors for different types of objects.

Only colors right now are the tab and the bar under the tab, but not the headers like it used to be.

SapamrmSapamrm

You can always change back to the old layout! ;-)

NBlasgenNBlasgen

Umm, in Winter 2011 I believe the old format has been discontinued.  You now need to log a case with Salesforce if you have a pressing need for the old interface and that then removes the option of having Chatter (which since the addition of a few new features and Salesforce Labs having released a workflow system for Chatter Un-Follow), I'm starting to actually like Chatter.

SapamrmSapamrm

We're using Winter '11 edition and still have the possibility to change back to the old interface.

Book_GuyBook_Guy

The downsides in going back to the old interface are we lose the efficienies of the new interface and all enchancements will be made to the new interface and we will be stuck living in the (static) past.

I think when Salesforce releases something new they should not take away functionality that is very important to users.  In the case of colors, users who work at high speeds and use these colors as reference points.

--David

jkucerajkucera

You'll lose Chatter + Global Search if you go back too.  Give it a while - I bet they'll get used to it and come to like it.