function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
minkeshminkesh 

Difference between native app and aloha app ?

Hello folks,

I hope you all are doing well.

Can anyone tell me that what is the difference between aloha app and native app of salesforce ?

Can anyone tell me what feature salesforce is giving in force.com various editions.

Thanks,

Minkesh Patel

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Native Force.com Applications

Native Force.com applications are applications built entirely on the salesforce.com platform. They sit inside salesforce infrastructure and are hosted, managed and delivered by salesforce.com. They essentially are salesforce.com.

Advantages of running on your existing salesforce deployment

• Native Applications are delivered on salesforce.com’s infrastructure – your IT group has already reviewed, approved and use it today.
  • True Native Application data resides in salesforce.com data center
  • Your current salesforce administrator can support the application
  • No integration is needed – it uses your existing data and set up
  • Customization, extensions can all be done by you with familiar tools
  • No risk of service delivery – salesforce delivers the application directly through their robust infrastructure
  • Non salesforce users can also easily use the applications
  • The power of the salesforce.com platform delivered in every way – performance, scalability, integration, internationalization and more
  • Economic – you don’t pay for application delivery twice – you are already paying salesforce for the delivery and infrastructure

Benefits

• Data is secure - no movement
  • No custom language coding
  • Sales people resist change – make them use the same user interface
  • One security profile across all applications
  • No syncing between 2 systems – it is essentially one system
  • Lower cost of adoption
  • Update once available to all applications immediately
  • Never leave Salesforce

Aloha Apps

"Aloha" to new apps on the CRM software Salesforce AppExchange!  Aloha Apps is the new unlimited app category from salesforce.com. Aloha Apps don’t count against your system limits for apps, tabs, and objects—no matter which salesforce.com edition you’re using. With more than 500 Aloha Apps to choose from, you’re in for an “all-you-can-app” experience. More apps plus more access equals more success!

Top Aloha Apps include:

• SalesView - Drive Sales Productivity with Integrated Sales Intelligence
  • VerticalResponse for AppExchange - Send marketing emails & postcards from Salesforce in minutes.
  • Skype for Salesforce - Adds full Skype integration to your Salesforce CRM software organization.
  • Draggin' Role - Manage your role hierarchy with ease! Now you can drag and drop your way through any hierarchy modifications.
  • Conga Composer - One click to proposals, account plans, contracts and more from multiple objects and related lists.

Follow  the below link for force.com various editions:

http://www.force.com/export/sites/force/assets/pdf/datasheets/DS_Forcedotcom_EdCompare.pdf

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

minkeshminkesh

Hello Ankit,

I understood about native application. Native is the one which build using salesforce plateform. I have confusion about aloha app. Also,Can you tell me force.com plateform supports roles and profiles ? can we create that thing if we have force.com $15 org ? Suppose i have developed one application in developer edition that has 15 obejcts and the forcec.com $15 org is not allowing more than 10 objects so what could be the problem there ?

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

A native app is one that runs purely inside salesforce.com; no external servers or code is used. An Aloha app is one that has the ability to run inside an organization without the standard limits applied to it. A native app may be an Aloha app, and an Aloha app may be a native app, but you may have one that is not the other (it is not native, or it is not an Aloha app).

An Aloha app may be used in the $15/month version if all features, other than the field, tab, and app limits are also met. So, you couldn't use the app if it had Real-Time Quotes integration, because you would not have that feature available. Apex Code and Visualforce may still work in Group Edition (though that's not specifically clear, nor do I have a way to test).

anschoeweanschoewe

If I install an Aloha app into my Salesforce org, will the new objects in this app count against my org's data limits.  I know an Aloha App's objects don't count against my Custom Object limit, but what about my storage limits?   

It's unclear to me what 'no limits' really means when I install an Aloha app.

Andrew

AMalenaAMalena
An answer to anschoewe's question would be very helpful.  The help text currently mentions "objects", but that's not conclusive in my book.  Thanks.
AMalenaAMalena
Actually, I don't even see a way to filter on Aloha any more on the App Exchange.  Is it now defunct?  Absorbed into another item?