function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VK86VK86 

Workflow Rule on Case Comment Object - Help Needed

Hello All!

I have created a work flow rule on the 'Case Comment' object which sends an email alert to 'Case Owner' and 'Case Comment Creator'. Everything is working fine.

Now, I also want the email notification to be sent to 'Case Creator' too but not able to do so. 

Any help how to implement this is much appreciated.

Thank you,

VK86 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf
You have to use a chaining technique like this (the images in there got a little screwy when the blog was migrated but it's still readable anyway).

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
You have to use a chaining technique like this (the images in there got a little screwy when the blog was migrated but it's still readable anyway).
This was selected as the best answer
VK86VK86

Awesome! Many thanks to you Werewolf. 

Solution is so simple yet powerful! 

SA_AdminSA_Admin

Hi Werewolf,

I tried using the solution you posted but I cannot seem to make it work.  I have a workflow where I want the case creator to receive an email alert when a new comment is added to the case.

Thanks in advance!

werewolfwerewolf

What is not working exactly?  Make one workflow on CaseComment that does a field update on Case; make a second workflow on Case that detects when that field has been updated and fires the email alert.

Make sure you've pressed Activate on both workflows.

SA_AdminSA_Admin

Thank you for your response.  I reviewed the steps that you provided and it looked at my workflow again.  It works now!