function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TheReportDoctorTheReportDoctor 

Password Never Expires Issue

First, I want to appoligize.  I don't think this issue belongs here but I could not find the proper community for it.  Searching salesforce.com and the web turns up nothing.

Under users Profiles there is an options to check or uncheck Password Never Expires.  When I go under the System Administrator's profile to edit the profile that checkbox is disabled.

Does anyone know how to enable it?

I do not want to use the Password Policy and set everyone's password to not expire.  I only want to set it for the System Administrator.

This issues exists in both the Enterprise and Developer additions.

Please don't reply with random suggestions.  I wish only to hear from those who have seen this problem and have successfuly resolved it.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
flewellsflewells
Since it's not possible to edit Administrative or General Permissions on standard profiles, you will need to create a custom profile.  I suggest cloning the System Administrator standard profile, naming it something like [Your Company Name/Abbreviation] - System Administrator.  You will be able to check/uncheck permissions, including Password Never Expires, as you like on the custom profile.  You can then assign this new custom profile to the users who need it.

All Answers

flewellsflewells
Since it's not possible to edit Administrative or General Permissions on standard profiles, you will need to create a custom profile.  I suggest cloning the System Administrator standard profile, naming it something like [Your Company Name/Abbreviation] - System Administrator.  You will be able to check/uncheck permissions, including Password Never Expires, as you like on the custom profile.  You can then assign this new custom profile to the users who need it.
This was selected as the best answer
Srilakshmi B SSrilakshmi B S
You can also use permission set to achieve this. Create a permission set for the User License used by your system Admin. Then go to System Permissions. You will find Password Never Expires checkbox here. Enable it.